If you know a family in need and wish to refer them to WHP, we want you to understand our criteria so you can best help them. WHP is responsible for client screening, you do not have to assess a family’s eligibility; just refer the family to us.
How to refer a family:
- Fill in your name and contact information on the top of our REFERRAL FORM.
- Give the family the completed referral form and ask them to call WHP before coming to our office. Appointments are necessary to ensure a case manager will be in the office.
- Please call WHP at 713-973-8083, extension 106 and ask to speak to a case manager. Information you provide us can speed up the screening process.
We help homeless families with students in Spring Branch & Katy ISD schools to become self-sufficient and acquire permanent housing. We know that having a stable family life is critical to a student’s success.
Homeless—means not having their own place (temporarily living with another family, etc.), having a current eviction notice, or having an electricity cut-off notice.
In addition to being homeless (as described above), families must meet the following criteria.
- One adult family member must be physically and legally able to work
- No abuse issues, such as alcohol/drug problems or domestic violence
- One or more children are students attending Katy ISD schools
Brief Program Description:
- We help find housing, striving to keep the students in the same schools.
- We assist with rent, utility, childcare, and transportation expenses for nine months.
- Families must agree to complete a self-sufficiency program which includes employment, budget, and education goals.
We welcome all referrals. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.