Come be a member of our WHP Volunteer Team! We will work diligently to match your interests and availability with our volunteer opportunities. Our goal is to provide a positive and meaningful experience for our volunteers while we meet a specific client or agency need.
For more details check out this FLYER or contact Christina at email@example.com.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
We have a wide variety of ways to serve WHP client families and support our agency. Look below to see a few examples of how volunteers help at WHP.
Client Education and Encouragement
- Organize a Client Forum and/or Family event: make a presentation on a topic that would benefit our clients including household budgets, job retention, parenting, family communication, healthy living
- Provide pro bono professional services: Legal, Financial/Accounting, Human Resources, Medical
Office and Program Support
- Client Follow-up – make follow up phone calls to previous clients 6 months after they exit the Hand Up Housing Program. Spanish language skills are helpful, but not necessary.
- Monthly Check Deliveries – deliver checks to apartment management offices and childcare facilities at the beginning of each month.
- Special Projects – assist Case Managers with transportation/errand needs, client job training or preparedness support, and a host of additional client needs that arise during the Hand Up Housing Program.
From time to time, we need volunteers to organize or assist with seasonal events offered to educate and celebrate our client families. Help can be provided as a simple meal before a class begins or setting up activities for the children.
To Volunteer: Contact Christina Yaya or 713-973-8083, ext. 105.