WHP depends entirely on the generosity of private individuals, groups, grants, congregations, and businesses to fund its operations. Financial donations of any size are greatly appreciated. Westside Homeless Prevention is a 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are tax deductible.
How your donation helps:
- $5,000 Provides 3 months subsidized rent for 3 families
- $1,200 Provides 1st month’s rent, utilities, apartment application fees and a bed for each child for a family entering the program
- $500 Provides continuing education courses through ESL, HCC and job-training classes for 3 parents which increases earning potential
- $250 Provides safe, after-school care for 1 child so a parent can work without worry
- $100 Provides transportation for 1 adult to and from work for 3 months
- $50 Provides one counseling session for 3 families. Therapy can be the key to healing trauma from homelessness