WHP Mission Statement
Westside Homeless Prevention’s (WHP) mission is to prevent and end homelessness for families by providing them with resources and supporting services that lead to self-sufficiency. WHP’s program is designed to empower families with children within the Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD) & Katy Independent School District areas to achieve self-sufficiency and permanent housing through personal effort, education and growth.
One major objective is to protect the children’s education by preventing the families from having to move from one school to another during the same school year.
WHP Core Values
- We are guided by the belief in the inherent worth and dignity of families with children struggling with homelessness or facing home eviction.
- We will treat all persons equally and with respect and maintain client confidentiality.
- We respect all people’s race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age and socioeconomic status, and we will not allow differences to affect a person’s opportunities.
- We believe homelessness is not a crime.
- We will act with integrity, openness, and honesty in all relationships, dealings, and transactions and will operate in accordance with all applicable laws.
- We recognize that the achievements of our clients are through their efforts and we serve only as an agent of change.